If you feel like every other person is an entrepreneur these days – you’re not going crazy – you’re just living in the digital age, baby.
Hell, even your neighbor’s dog is building a brand for himself, posting unboxing videos of his favorite chew toys and treats online.
While the explosion of online content has given us access to an abundance of adorable dog videos (the true purpose of the internet), it’s not without its challenges.
It’s becoming increasingly tricky for badass go-getters like you to get off the starting blocks in a never-ending sea of competition.
Table of Contents
The importance of standing out online as a coach or business consultant
A whopping 29.7% of all business in the US now happens online, so if you’re not making waves in the digital world as a high-flying coach or business consultant, you’re missing out on a big old chunk of potential clients right away.
Making your coaching business stand out online is essential if you want to grow your client base and target your dream clients directly.
But how, you ask?
- Turn those heads: If you got it, flaunt it! Creating a stand-out brand will help you captivate your ideal clients’ attention and interest.
- Warm ‘em up: Especially in the coaching world, it’s super important to establish customer trust online – and stand-out branding does just that!
- Get more clicks: The more eye-catching and engaging your branding is, the higher click-through rate you’ll get, boosting SEO in the process.
- Wear the crown: Set yourself apart from others in the industry as a real pro who knows their stuff and isn’t afraid to shine bright.
Ok, ok, that all sounds great! So how do we get there?
How to make your brand stand out and overtake your competitors
Cutting through the digital noise has become somewhat of an Olympic sport (and I’m guessing I’m not the only one who flunked gym). So, how do you make your brand stand out so you can start getting noticed by your target audience?
Without further ado, let’s explore my top tips to make your coaching brand oh-so-irresistibly delicious to your dream clients.
- Pinpoint your ultra-fabulous unique selling points (USP)
The fact that you’re reading this blog and are ready to transform your business with branding that breaks away from the norm tells me all I need to know.
But, when it comes to marketing yourself online against literally countless other coaches and business consultants, you’ve gotta show what you’re made of and dazzle like the bright star you are.
Your USP is the essence of what makes your brand so special – so take some time to really consider what that is.
What sets you apart from the rest? In what way can you deliver more value to potential clients?
Maybe you’re super skilled at working with a specific niche or have a unique process that suits a certain personality type.
Whatever it is, most brands that find success in the coaching and consulting industry have this already sussed – so get to work on defining your USP and be sure that it resonates with your target audience.
- Create a distinctive visual brand identity that captivates potential customers
It doesn’t matter how skilled you are as a coach or business consultant. If your visual branding isn’t up to scratch, you ain’t gonna make the cut. Sorry!
Yep, it really is that cutthroat out there in the digital landscape. So here are a few tips on curating compelling visual branding that speaks to who you are as a professional, connects with your target audience, and is super eye-catching, too.
- Wear your logo with pride: Keep your logo design simple, personal, and cute so your brand is instantly recognizable as YOU!
- Color is everything, honey: Choose your color palette wisely. Ensure it makes sense for your coaching approach and suits your unique personality.
- Make sure your text is legible: Hey, listen, we all love a fancy font from time to time. But remember, your audience needs to be able to read your content.
- Be consistent across all social media platforms: Keep your branding consistent throughout your entire online presence, including in all social media posts.
There’s no room to be apologetic when it comes to creating unique visual branding to help you rise above the noise online.
Remember to (always) have fun with your visuals and make sure that you love them just as much as I know your dream clients will.
- Craft a compelling brand story to connect with your target audience
A brand story? Isn’t that just something digital marketers tell themselves at night to get to sleep?
Let me tell you something: when it comes to selling, storytelling is everything!
Don’t believe me? Well then, ask the 55% of people who are more likely to purchase from a company if they connect with their brand story.
It’s super important to carve out your unique brand story – what drives you as a coach, who you love to serve, and where you’ll take them – so your target audience can easily see themselves as part of your journey.
An essential part of creating your unique brand story is determining a strong brand voice that you feel represents who you are as a professional and connects with your target audience on an emotional and human level.
Once you’ve got it all figured out, infuse your specific brand story – told through your unique brand voice – in all of your content. We’re talking social media posts, blog posts, marketing emails, video content, and anything else you might be sharing to boost your brand.
- Implement marketing strategies to amplify your brand and stay relevant
The digital world literally never stops. So, if you want to stay at the forefront of your audience’s mind, you’ve got to work hard to gain and maintain their already-divided attention with a gold-standard marketing strategy.
Here are the core areas of marketing you need to think about:
- Social media: You hate to love it, and you love to hate it – but it’s here to stay! So, ensure a strong, consistent presence across all channels.
- Email marketing: Create an email marketing campaign advertising your latest offerings or local events.
- Blogging: Regularly publish blog posts to provide value to your audience, show off your expertise, and boost SEO.
- PPC advertising: If you want to expand your reach even further, you can always set up a paid advertising campaign targeting your dream clients.
- SEO: Keep your website fresh and up-to-date with relevant content and keywords that your target audience uses to search for your services online.
Struggling to come up with new ideas for your digital marketing strategy on your own?
That’s what I’m here for!
Stand out from other brands with the incomparable BrandSmash package designed to ignite, empower, and unleash your brand with expert digital branding and marketing solutions!
You’ll finally be able to reach the heights you’ve set your sights on thanks to truly one-of-a-kind branding that actually works! What’s not to love?
It’s time to make your business stand out with bold branding from Emtwo Digital!
Not everyone is as kickass as you are – and your business branding should reflect that.
Don’t sit on the sidelines any longer! Take your online coaching or business consulting brand from invisible to irresistible by getting in touch today.
Your business will thank you for it!